As a parent, clothes shopping for your children can be challenging. While you purchase countless pieces to help them stay warm and cosy, they grow out of their size almost overnight, and constantly change their style and preferences. Additionally, there are certain dress codes and occasions you need to consider as well. This can make shopping for clothes even more stressful and expensive. With that, how can one find children’s clothes that are not only affordable but get the job done? In this article, we will discuss the best tips when buying affordable children’s clothing in Singapore.
Tips for Finding Affordable Kids Clothing
- Shop clearances or sales -
Whether in-store or online, the clearance sale is a great place to look. From small brands to big names, you can find great deals almost anywhere. For the price where you originally would have gotten just one piece, you get several pieces of clothing for the same price.
Shop regular prices at affordable brands -
For the times when sales aren’t in season, you can look to more affordable kids clothing brands to get as much value for your money as possible. These stores can even be, at times, well-known children’s clothing stores. That is why it is important to not be intimidated by these big names and discipline yourself when it comes to selecting pieces that are a great quality for an affordable price.
Buy gender-neutral clothing -
If you are planning to have more children, it can be a good idea to buy gender-neutral clothing. This way, when your child outgrows their clothes, you can easily store them away until another child needs them. Focus on pieces that flatter any gender and body shape, as well as colours that are very versatile and can be easily styled.
Consider hand-me-downs -
Hand-me-downs are your best friend and are considered a lovely gift from your loved ones.
Different Types of Fabrics and Materials for Kids Clothes
- Cotton - Cotton is the most common fabric used in children’s clothing. This is not only because it is environmentally friendly, but it is also perfect for any time of the year. Jeans, t-shirts, dresses, and baby rompers made from cotton do not cause allergies, are highly chemical resistant and are very durable. Cotton is also very breathable, allowing air to easily pass through it and can easily absorb and retain moisture. However, this material can also be hard to iron and can change shape during washing. This is why manufacturers add a small amount of elastane or polyester.
- Linen - Similar to cotton, linen is one of the most popular natural fabrics. They are the perfect material for hot summer weather as it is very breathable and absorbent. However, linen is a good option, this material makes it difficult for ironing. In addition, linen can be hard to touch, which can sometimes not be good for a baby’s skin.
- Satin - Satin looks like silk and has a glossy finish. It is also very breathable, and additionally easy to iron. This makes it ideal for children’s clothing. The satin fabric has a glossy surface and looks like silk. It is also well-ventilated, durable, and almost does not wrinkle, making it one of the most suitable options for warm summer weather. In addition, satin will help maintain the body temperature of a child due to its low thermal conductivity.
- Fleece - Fleece is a synthetic artificial fabric often used for children’s clothing because it is durable, easy to wash, dries quickly and doesn’t easily deform. Furthermore, fleece doesn’t cause allergies, making it a popular choice among children’s sportswear and outerwear.
- Bamboo - Bamboo is an eco-friendly fabric that is becoming more popular in children's clothing due to its sustainability and softness. Bamboo is naturally antibacterial and moisture-wicking, making it perfect for hot and humid weather. It is also hypoallergenic and gentle on sensitive skin, making it ideal for baby clothes. Bamboo fabric is breathable, allowing air to easily circulate, and is highly absorbent, making it able to absorb and evaporate sweat quickly.
Dawn The Best Family Clothes Sets With Simply Rays
Being a parent bears a lot of responsibility as there are various factors one needs to consider when it comes to the welfare of their child, their clothing included. As all of these pile up to the overall household’s finances, how then can one find options that not only help cut back on expenses but provide the best care for their children? At Simply Rays, we are proud to offer great clothing options for your children at great prices. Visit our website to shop our collection today!